We are delighted to have teamed up with the incredible Himanshi of Foodie Trails once again.
Himanshi has created a beautiful and unique recipe which we are excited to share with you.
You can find the recipe below, and if you'd like to see the recipe being made you can watch along here.
We are so thrilled to offer an amazing collaborative gift box alongside Foodie Trails in the form of the 'Spice and Chai Gift Box' which you can find more information on here.
Recipe - Chai Spiced Potatoes
Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (or any other oil)
2–3 Dry Red Chillies (or to taste)
4 cloves Garlic, sliced
1 tsp whole Spices (Cumin, Mustard or Ajwain)
A pinch of ground turmeric (optional)
500g cubed potatoes
2 tsp Turmeric and Honey Chai blend from The Chai Room
4 cups of water
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot. Add 2 tsp of the Turmeric and Honey Chai blend tea to the pot and boil for 1 -2 mins. Add the cubes potatoes and reduce to medium heat until potatoes are par boiled.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan over high heat. When hot, reduce heat and add the whole spices of choice. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds, or until they start to splutter.
- Add the dry red chillies and sliced garlic. Stir-fry until garlic is golden.
- Add the potatoes and toss well. Drizzle in 3-4 tbsp of water, add salt and mix well. Reduce heat to very low, cover and cook for about 10–15 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp on the outside and cooked through.
- Optional Add 1 tsp lime juice and serve hot.
Please let us know when you have tried the recipe and share your pics with us on our socials.